Summers School of Yin Yoga
200hr and 300hr Certifications
Josh Summers Lic. Ac, E-RYT-500
Terry Cockburn, E-RYT-500
This unique and comprehensive training in Yin Yoga studies will occur in a series of ongoing and rotating modules offered throughout the year. Students can choose either to work towards their 200hr or 300hr certification.
The core modules will include:
- Foundations Module (50 hrs): Everything you need to know about the physical aspects of teaching and practicing Yin Yoga: Postures, sequencing, anatomy, fascia, functional vs. aesthetic alignment, and how to cue.
- Traditional Chinese Meridian Module (50 hrs): A deep exploration of Chinese Meridian Theory: Yin-Yang Theory, Meridians and their organs, Qi and blood production and circulation, Western and Eastern views of energy medicine, Yin Yoga and its influence on Qi.
- Mindfulness Meditation Module (50 hrs): A study and exploration of the inner-game of teaching and practicing meditation in Yin Yoga, with a uniquely Yin-based approach to meditation: Mindfulness, styles of Vipassana, Four Foundations of Mindfulness, and breath and beyond.
- Yang Yoga Module (50 hrs): Everything you need to know about integrating dynamic styles of yoga within the practice and teaching of Yin Yoga: Functional alignment in Yang Yoga, sequencing, integration with Yin Yoga, and cuing principles.
- Practicum Module (30-50 hrs): Refine and craft your teaching skills in the crucible of practice teaching and constructive feedback.
- The Retreat (70 hrs): This will be an immersive learning opportunity to develop and explore your experience with these teachings to inform and empower your own practice and teaching. The format will be a silent meditation retreat, with periods of Yin Yoga.
Trainees will have three years to complete the necessary hours to earn their certificate in Yin Yoga at either the 200-hr or 300-hr level. Our intention is that the flexibility of this program will allow trainees to attend modules at a pace that their schedule permits. Any module may be taken by anyone, independent of enrollment in the the 200-hr or 300-hr track.
The Summers School of Yin Yoga is committed to the ongoing study, practice and development of students and teachers in the arts of Yin Yoga and Meditation.