Soup Season is in full swing! It’s time to break out the slow cooker and hunker down with some warm, nourishing meals. This carrot cashew ginger butternut squash soup is not only super easy to throw together, but is paleo-friendly/dairy free/soy free AND extra delicious.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 can of coconut milk (14 ounces)
- 1 cup chicken stock (vegetable stock can be used instead to make this a vegetarian dish)
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of raw cashews, chopped
- 1” piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Place all ingredients in slow cooker on low setting for 4-6 hours. Blend by simply sticking immersion blender in the crock, or scoop out and blend in batches with regular blender.