New to Yoga?
Are you new to yoga? That’s great! Thank you for your interest in our studio. You will find our yoga community to be a welcoming environment, and our instructors, knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. You’re probably wondering which class is appropriate for you as a beginner.
- If you want to get a feel for moving on your mat with a combination of seated and
standing postures, try SLOW FLOW.
- Feeling really stressed out? Try our GENTLE or RESTORATIVE classes.
- If you would like a class that has both movement and restful postures, give FRIDAY NIGHT UNWIND.
- Looking for a quiet, still practice that focuses on going deeper in the mind and body? YIN YOGA is what you need.
- Do you lead a pretty active lifestyle and are interested in a class that will challenge you? Our VINYASA classes will do just that.
- Click here to read further about our
Here are some pointers for attending your first class:
- Classes are open and ongoing. You may drop in at any time and do not need to register online beforehand, however, you are welcome to do so. Workshops do require pre-registration in order to attend.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to fill out the consent form, meet the instructor and get settled.
- Come to class on a mostly empty stomach.
- Wear comfortable workout clothing. (The studio has a changing room and bathroom.)
- Bring a water bottle and your yoga mat. If you do not own a mat, the studio has mats to loan.
- Yoga is practiced barefoot. Shoes are not permitted in the studio.
- Please turn off your cell phone.
- Please refrain from wearing heavy perfumes or scents.
Click here to read about other Frequently Asked Questions
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-319-3395 if you have further questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
What should I bring to class?
If you donʼt own any yoga gear, donʼt worry; the studio is outfitted with all you need to enjoy a yoga class. Mats, straps, blankets and blocks are available for your use. Bringing a towel for mopping up sweat is recommended for classes that focus on movement and strength, as you will generate heat in your body. A water bottle is also recommended. We have a water cooler, but do not sell bottled water.
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely. You will most likely work up a sweat in classes that build strength and generate heat within the body, so take that into consideration when choosing your attire.
Is there some sort of yoga etiquette I should be aware of?
Yes, thanks for asking. The following practices are sure to set the tone for an enjoyable experience for you and your fellow yogis.
- We ask that you turn your cellphones to ‘silent’.
- Please remove your shoes in the lobby.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors’ space when setting up your mat.
- Please arrive on time and check in with the instructor should you need to leave early.
What classes are appropriate for beginners?
Will class be held in the event of bad weather?
Are you a “hot” studio?
20% of any workshop fee is non-refundable.If the student cancels with MORE THAN 30 days notice, they will receive 80% of their fee back. If the student cancels with LESS THAN 30 days notice, they can receive 80% of their fee back so long as the student finds a replacement for their spot, or the spot can be filled by the studio from an existing wait list. Please note that training fees are NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Many of our teachers travel to our space for workshops, so planning ahead is key. Thank you for understanding this policy.
Special passes/studio credits